If you’re on the hunt for student apartments, Leicester is a UK city which has seen hundreds of brand new and modern flats pop up all over the place in the last few years. And at Westmanor Student Living, we’re pleased to say that we have much of that accommodation on our books and ready for Leicester students to view.
When looking for student apartments in Leicester, you might be wondering how to find the right apartment for you. After all, the place where you live while you study can make or break your academic success at university, not to mention the experience you have of university life as a whole.
The perfect place to live
Finding the right Leicester student apartment is all about doing thorough research into what’s available, giving real consideration to the factors which are important to you and using experienced and trusted Leicester student accommodation experts to help find that perfect place for you. This way, you can feel safe in the knowledge that there will be no nasty surprises in store when you move in.
The benefits of having a student apartment in Leicester, as opposed to a student house, include the fact that you are more often than not surrounded by people who are in a similar position to yourself. Student apartments in Leicester are often built with students in mind, which means that you will be living around like-minded people, and a lot less likely to be in a residential area with people who aren’t students living around you.
You’ll find that Leicester student apartments are often situated in the more convenient places for getting to university – with them being located only a short distance away, if not already on campus.
Things to consider
If the idea of living in a student area appeals to you, then student apartments are a great choice, but there are other things to consider on top of the type of apartment you choose.
Once you’ve made the decision to rent a student apartment in Leicester, there are several other factors to have a think about. These might include the following:
- The location – is it one where you will feel safe and comfortable?
- What’s nearby? Make sure the things that matter to you are close at hand, whether that’s shops, bars, public transport, sports facilities, etc.
- Who will you live with? Will you share an apartment or rent studio student accommodation just for you?
- What can you afford? Remember to add on the cost of utility bills to the rent and work out if you have enough left over to live on afterwards.
- Visit the accommodation at different times of the day – does the atmosphere suit your lifestyle? For example, don’t choose a noisy apartment building if you prefer peace.
Book your viewing
The best thing you can do when finding a student apartment in Leicester is to give yourself several options and always have at least one viewing before you sign the tenancy agreement. At Westmanor Student Living, we are proud to say that we have the best selection of student accommodation in Leicester for both De Montfort University and University of Leicester students. Get in touch with a member of our team and book your viewing today.