Leicester has an absolutely awesome club scene – as you’ve probably gathered if you’ve just hit your first year at De Montfort University or Leicester University.
From the Student Union bars to the loud and vibrant nightlife at venues such as Club Republic, Mosh, Venom and Ghost, they’ve all got some great nights out just waiting for you to enjoy.
But, after all the excitement of Freshers’ Week has died down and you’re left without an itinerary of where to go and what to do next – and you’re still to make a solid group of friends like most people at this point in their first year – you might be wondering where’s good to go and what’s best to do.
If clubbing is quite new to you and you’re feeling a little overwhelmed by just how massive the party scene is here in Leicester, check out a few of our handy hints and tips on dos and don’ts when out clubbing – all designed to help get you through the night safely and in one piece!
Some must dos when clubbing in Leicester
- Go in a group, because there’s always safety in numbers.
- Make sure someone knows where you are.
- Sort out your transport before it comes to the end of the night, as there’s nothing worse than waiting in a queue at a taxi rank! And make sure you have the money for a cab home!
- Keep essential information on you, such as bus times etc..
- Pace yourself on the drinks. Perhaps consider having a glass of water in between to ensure you enjoy the whole night and don’t spend half of it with your head down the loo!
- Keep an eye on your drink at all times to make sure it isn’t spiked.
- Have a hefty glass of water before your head hits the pillow at the end of the night – it’ll help ward off the banging head in the morning, we promise!
- Make the most of it – you’re only young once, so enjoy!
Some clubbing definitely don’ts!
- Get so drunk that you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Go anywhere that could be unsafe, such as back to someone’s house who you don’t know.
- Be tempted into drunk texting that dodgy ex – delete all numbers off your phone that you don’t want to be feeling embarrassed about calling the next day.
- Don’t accept a lift from someone you don’t know, or an unlicensed car (only properly registered taxis).
- Try not to lose your friends.
- Don’t be tempted into opening up a tab or buying massive rounds – it’s hard to keep track of what you’re spending when you’re too busy having fun.
- Avoid wandering into a dodgy takeaway for a dirty kebab when you have the late night munchies – believe me, your stomach will thank you the next day!
- And give the illegal stuff a miss, especially when you are in a strange town and don’t have a clue what’s in it. It’s yet another way to ensure you stay safe and aware.
Looking for a place to stay?
We have a range of up to the minute, modern and attractive student accommodation available for Leicester students who are still looking for a place to stay.
Whether you’re house hunting on your own, or there’s a group of you looking for a new place, get in touch with us today for more details and to book your viewings.