Moving into my property
Q. Can I put my belongings in my property over the summer?
As long as you have a tenancy that starts in the summer with a half rent period then you can put up to FOUR boxes or suitcases in your property from the 15th July (providing that this is a weekday). They must be placed in the bedroom in the middle of the room. If this is not done then we may be unable to carry out any maintenance work or cleaning that needs doing. You will need to collect the keys from our office during our opening hours (provided that you have handed in all relevant documents- see below) and return them the same day no later than 3pm.
Q. When can I move in?
This will be detailed on your tenancy agreement. You can move in from when you start paying full rent for the property. Please contact Westmanor if you are unsure.
Q. Do I need to bring anything with me when I come to move in?
When collecting your keys, you will need to bring photographic I.D. with you. You also need to ensure that you have returned all of the relevant documents. Keys cannot be issued and you will not be able to move into your accommodation or move belongings in during the summer if:
- YOU HAVE NOT PAID YOUR FULL DEPOSIT
- YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED AND RETURNED YOUR TENANCY AGREEMENT
- YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED A SIGNED PRESCRIBED INFORMATION
- AN ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHOD IS NOT IN PLACE (DIRECT DEBIT FORM OR POST DATED CHEQUES).
- A VALID COUNCIL TAX FORM OR CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION HAS NOT BEEN PROVIDED TO WESTMANOR
- ANY RENT PAYMENTS ARE OUTSTANDING
- A COMPLETED GUARANTOR MANDATE/ PROOF OF GUARANTORS ADDRESS AND A COPY OF ACCEPTABLE PHOTO ID (IF APPLICABLE).
- WHERE APPLICABLE ENERGY PAYMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN PAID
- WHERE A COPY OF ACCEPTABLE PHOTO ID HAS NOT BEEN PROVIDED
If you are unsure about any of these items, please contact a member of staff at Westmanor.
Q. Where do I collect my keys from?
You will need to collect your keys from the relevant office as detailed in the email that you will receive. This will need to be during our office opening hours.
Q. I will not be able to collect my keys during your office opening hours, what can I do?
It is possible for somebody to collect the keys on your behalf. You must ensure that you send us an email giving your permission for the person to collect the keys and provide the name. The person will need to bring photo identification with them.
Q. What will I be provided with when I come to move in?
Westmanor staff will provide you with the following:
- A set of keys for your property
- An inventory for your flat/room and, if you are the first tenant to move in, you will also be given an inventory for communal areas of your accommodation. Please check both carefully and return to the Westmanor office within 24 hours of moving in. (NB Late inventories cannot be used as a valid statement of the condition of your accommodation)
- Tenancy Information booklet
- ‘Stay Safe’ booklet
- Details of meter readings (where tenants are required to pay utility bills) from the start date of your contract together with utility supply companies.
- An energy performance certificate for your property
Q. Do I need to buy a TV license?
If you are provided with a TV or you bring your own and you want to watch TV channels then you will need to purchase a license. If you are simply using it for gaming, streaming or watching DVDs then a license is not required.